Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Blog CPR: Breathing New Life to my Blog AND my Life


I'm so bad at this...keeping a blog that is...

After more than a year of blogging hiatus, I've finally decided to resuscitate my blog...and this is for the obvious reasons that a) I'm a freelance online writer who can maintain other people's blogs but can't even keep my own, and b) I am in the crossroads of my life, and there's no better way to chronicle the experience but to blog about it.

And so here goes my first entry after such a loooooooooonnnngggggg time. I will shy away from the usual puns and stop myself from giving you a "how to" on giving your dying blog a CPR, to give way for some updates and much needed realizations on the life of this singleton.

Let's go back to the last quarter of 2010. It was the end of an era for me. As I start to think about the changes, not just in the events that shaped my adult single life, but my overall view and perspective of things, I have come to the conclusion that my aversion (or allergic reaction) to the word (change) can only be cured by a paradigm shift.

I have constantly prayed for the moment that I can finally get out of the culdesac of my own making but when the answers finally came, I was more shocked than glad to see them coming. It was not because I was ungrateful or too picky...it's just that...well...they're not exactly how I envisioned them in my head.

Who would have thought that my mom, a woman who doesn't go out much and nearly twice my age would be so blessed to find love the second time around? Who would have thought that this would lead to the culmination of my lifelong quest to freedom and complete independence? Who would have guessed that a quick stint with the same company who nearly kicked my sorry tush 'round the corner would be the only way to heal my shattered self-esteem and broken sense of worth? Who would have known that in nearly 2 years without an entry for this single lady's blog, that a)there's still not a man, boy, lad, guy, or bloke in sight, b) I am not ashamed to admit it, and c) I can honestly say, I'm perfectly alright with it? I certainly wouldn't have thought, guessed or known, but they all happened the way they did, just as God had intended them to be...an antidote to my self-reliance and know-it-all attitude.

And as I write this entry intended to breathe new life into my blog, I am beginning to understand why...

Around the same time last year, I was listening to a sermon about Earnest Expectations. Just as I reflected on Philippians 1:19-20 the words, "For I know", "will all turn for my deliverance", and "For I live in eager expectation" began to pop out of the pages and I dug in deeper, relished the moment, and started making a list of the things I can only hope for and imagine. I turned to my journal and recalled the 3 things I wrote on my list:
  • be DEBT FREE!!!
  • travel to Asia
  • meet new people that will have great contributions in my life

To this day, I am still amazed and beyond perplexed as to how these 3 became a reality this year. Yes, I still have a long list filled with my heart's deepest desires that have yet to be fulfilled. Yes, I know the way to get here was not exactly how I had mapped it out in my head...and yet it's perfectly alright. The change in perspective did me a lot of good. I was finally viewing my situation and lot in life from a different vantage point - a point of view where I see the re-routes and detours as unexpected blessings and the gateway to a richer and fuller existence. And if you continue to read my blog, I promise to divulge more in the coming posts...

After all is said and done, I'm pretty sure that I'm not cut out for the garden variety of a life that others have...and I'm okay with that. In fact, I LIVE for that. It certainly makes for an exciting journey and a good blog. I guess that is where I am getting this renewed sense of purpose and inspiration to start writing for myself again.

That is why in the coming days I intend to go back to the events that led me to this post. Hopefully, you'll come along for the trip down memory lane with me and let's celebrate the rebirth of this blog. :)


1 comment:

  1. welcome back. looking forward to your upcoming post. =)

    ReplyDelete